WE HAVE A VISION OF 2500 GARDENS IN BUTTE COUNTY BY 2025!
Join in the effort to create a more sovereign and secure food system in our community. We think that everyone can grow food and we want to help you do it, so we offer a garden for every size yard (or porch, or whatever).
HOW IT WORKS
- You sign up for a box or bucket garden
- We come out and make the box or place the bucket, put in the soil, and help you plant your garden
- You water and tend your garden and enjoy the bounty
Does your yard have lots of gophers? Might want to consider a Hardware Cloth upgrade for additional protection for your crops.
Have a box and want just soil, plants and mentoring? We’ve got you covered! Just register for it below, pay for it (or apply for a scholarship) and you are on your way.
Disclaimer for renters: If you are a renter, be sure to get permission from your landlord before applying for a box. Butte County Local Food Network has no responsibility now or in the future for placed gardens.
COSTS AND WHAT’S INCLUDED WITH YOUR GARDEN BOX OR BUCKET
- 4×4′ Box is $100
- 4×8′ Box is $175
- 5 Gallon Bucket or Grow Pot is $25
- Full or partial scholarships are available
WHAT’S INCLUDED WITH BOX OR BUCKET
- 4×4 or 4×8 foot wooden box made of 12” x 2” wood or 5 gallon bucket
- Healthy soil to fill it
- 6 plants for a 4×4 foot box, 12 plants for a 4×8 foot box, 2 plants for a bucket
- Optional add on of Hardware Cloth for gopher protection- $20/$40
- 1 pre-installation and 2 post-installation garden mentoring consultations (we want you to be successful)
- Mulch to reduce weeds and create healthy soil
SIGN UP TO GROW MORE FOOD!
IF YOU WANT TO APPLY FOR A FULL OR PARTIAL SCHOLARSHIP GARDEN GO HERE.